The MEDTEQ+ consortium has been hosting its annual event since 2014 that brings together all stakeholders in the health technology industry with the goal of promoting collaboration, showcasing consortium programs and members, and reimagining the industry. In 2018, following its appointment as a Center of Excellence in Commercialization and Research, MEDTEQ+’s mission is to support innovative SMEs across the country to position Canada on the international medical technology stage.
In 2019 and 2020, Innovitech’s mandate was to produce an event that would reflect MEDTEQ+’s new mission and position the consortium and its members as innovation leaders in Canada.
- Repositioning of the event; through a name change and a national positioning.
- Redefinition of the event’s brand image and its name; all media were redefined, such as logo, website, graphic identity, etc.
- Evolution of the concept and format of the event; all the different elements of the event were rethought such as the program, duration, speakers, topics, etc.
- Professionalization of the event.
The results in 2020
- + 57 % more participation from SMEs and 70% more participation from large companies
- 93 % participant satisfaction rate
- + 7 200 visitors to the website in three months
- + 150 000 impressions on social media
- 514 participants on the day of the conferences